Architect Designed Terrace Home in Vibrant Inner City Setting
* Virtual Web Inspections & Pre-Registered Private Inspections available please enquire and we will be in touch to organise.
* Health & Safety Measures are in Place at All Private Inspections
* Pre-registered inspection attendees will have to answer health and safety survey to qualify to have a physical inspection at the property
* To receive a FREE Property Web Book SMS 116Bull to 0428 427 610
The striking modern redesign of this private Victorian terrace by Steele Olney of local architecture practice, Studio Dot, marries elements of its c1900 heritage with the clean lines and simple shapes of contemporary design. Inspired by the duality of its secondary pedestrian access from Laman Street, the designer envisioned an open layout that gradually opens from the entrance towards an immensely private north facing courtyard, flooding the home’s interiors with luminous natural light whilst at the same time creating valuable space for a third bedroom, second bathroom and laundry.
The layout of the terrace is extremely functional, with the open plan living spaces, third bedroom and second bathroom on the ground level and the existing two bedrooms, study nook and main bathroom upstairs. The almost all-white colour scheme of the walls and Ceasarstone benchtops are balanced by the natural timber flooring, restored staircase, bespoke joinery and Marc Newson tapware, toilets and basins which add to the contemporary feel. Low energy lighting, modern under floor heating, timber ceiling fans and last, but not least, a green roof garden are just some of the sustainable features.
This amazing home relishes a premier inner city address just moments to an array of bars, cafes, restaurants, pristine beaches and Newcastle’s revered arts and entertainment scene.
* Classic Victorian double brick terrace
* Comprehensively updated throughout, double glazed timber windows on south
* Original period elements include timber 10ft ceilings, hardwood floors, timber staircase and cornices and cast iron fireplaces
* Bespoke elements include Hex tiles handmade using volcanic rock from Mt Etna, Sicily, custom joinery and shelving
* Contemporary kitchen equipped with Asko appliances, integrated dishwasher, gas cooktop and rangehood ventilated to the exterior
* Simply stunning main bathroom with bath, double shower, floating double vanity and w/c
* Second bathroom and laundry plus outdoor shower
* Natural gas point, natural gas BBQ, wall mounted Nobo heaters
* Walk to Darby Street, Marketown, Civic Park and Newcastle Art Gallery
* Less than five minutes drive or twenty minute walk to beautiful Bar Beach
* 20 minute walk to King Edward Park; 25 minute walk to Newcastle beach
* Parking Permit available
* Water usage included
* Property is Fully Furnishes
The Junction Primary School and St Joesphs Primary School are just minutes away.
This is a must to inspect, an amazing property with features too many to list, please contact us to arrange a private inspection.
All information contained herein is gathered from sources we deem reliable. However, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and act as a messenger only in passing on the details. Interested parties should rely on their own enquiries. Some of our properties are marketed from time to time without price guide at the vendors request. This website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes. Any personal information given to us during the course of the campaign will be kept on our database for follow up and to market other services and opportunities unless instructed in writing.