This property is not currently for sale or rent on prdnewcastle.com.au
An Inner-City Beauty Calling Out For Renovation
A renovator’s dream awaits in this c.1889 Victorian terrace positioned within a row of four known as ‘Strathearn’. Imagine the possibilities for renovation, extension or redesign (STCA) and create your ideal home from which to enjoy all the spoils of inner-city living.
Featuring a pretty façade and lacework balcony, there are beautiful period elements to be discovered inside from the original hardwood flooring to the ornate fireplace and mantel. With separate living and dining, spacious kitchen and bathroom downstairs, along with four bedrooms upstairs, you’ll be delighted by the internal space available only enhanced by the classic high ceilings.
Within this sought-after neighbourhood you’ll find everything you need and desire only moments from your doorstep. Just a short stroll to Marketown or Aldi for everyday essentials or, walk a similar distance in the other direction and you’ll arrive at Darby Street with Harris Farm and an array of cafes and specialty shops to please. With a choice of stunning beaches and beautiful parks nearby as well as several well-regarded schools in the neighbourhood, this location has much to offer young professionals and families.
• Four bedroom, two storey Victorian terrace presenting a perfect opportunity for renovation (STCA) – DA Approval available on request
• Featuring original hardwood floors, lacework balcony railings and ornate fireplace
• Two bathrooms, one on each floor, currently only downstairs in working order
• Separate living, dining and kitchen
• Four generous bedrooms upstairs, two with access to the front balcony
• Covered outdoor laundry
• Deep backyard with laneway access
• Short walk to Darby Street and Marketown Shopping Centre
• Less than 1km to the Newcastle Art Gallery, Civic Park and Newcastle Harbour foreshore, 1.5km to Bar Beach
• Walking distance to Newcastle Grammar, Newcastle High, Newcastle East Public and St Joseph’s Primary Schools
Council rates: &$2,052 approx. per annum
Water rates: $807.96 approx. per annum
***Health & Safety Measures are in Place for Open Homes & All Private Inspections
***All inspection attendees will have to answer a health and safety survey to qualify for the inspection of the property
All information contained herein is gathered from sources we deem reliable. However, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and act as a messenger only in passing on the details. Interested parties should rely on their own enquiries. Some of our properties are marketed from time to time without price guide at the vendors request. This website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes. Any personal information given to us during the course of the campaign will be kept on our database for follow up and to market other services and opportunities unless instructed in writing.