The Boltons - Historic Menkens Designed Terrace - inspection by registration
Secretly tucked away on a private road behind Church Street, a row of heritage-listed terraces known as ‘The Boltons’ are perfectly positioned to take in northerly views over the city’s iconic harbour. A creation of Newcastle’s leading architect at the time, Frederick Menkens, and built by GW Brewer in 1904, these homes are beautiful with ornate timber facades each painted different colours and serve as a unique part of Newcastle’s local architecture.
On offer for only the third time, 3 The Boltons offers an uplifting sense of space and privacy that’s rare to find in the heart of the city. Tasteful updates to the kitchen and master ensuite, as well as the addition of a pool, have revived the heart and soul of this Federation residence allowing its period features to shine. Pressed metal ceilings, Kauri pine floors and original fireplaces are beautiful hallmarks of the home’s heritage, while grandly proportioned rooms offer versatility as living or bedroom accommodation. It’s currently configured as a 4-bedroom, 2.5-bathroom home with formal and casual living spaces, a choice of alfresco areas and parking for up to three vehicles,
Truly a rare opportunity to secure a piece of the area’s unique architecture, this magnificent home is set amidst the beauty and history of The Hill with stunning beaches, magnificent coastal walks, Darby Street’s cafes, and the harbour and Honeysuckle all on your doorstep.
– Four sister houses bring a hint of San Francisco’s cosmopolitan charm to The Hill
– All four north-facing terraces have the same ornate timber facades but are painted different colours
– The Boltons private lane runs off Church Street between 108 and 110 with residents only parking
– Formal lounge and dining rooms and four rooms upstairs are interchangeable as living and bedroom accommodation
– Family bathroom with shower over clawfoot bath; contemporary master ensuite
– Caesarstone topped kitchen with Smeg gas stove, oven, microwave and dishwasher
– Private deck and saltwater pool; classic upper level verandah with harbour views
Council rates: $2,470.45 approx. per annum
Water rates: $797.16 approx. per annum
*Health & Safety Measures are in Place for Open Homes & All Private Inspections
*All inspection attendees will have to answer a health and safety survey to qualify for the inspection of the property
All information contained herein is gathered from sources we deem reliable. However, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and act as a messenger only in passing on the details. Interested parties should rely on their own enquiries. Some of our properties are marketed from time to time without price guide at the vendors request. This website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes. Any personal information given to us during the course of the campaign will be kept on our database for follow up and to market other services and opportunities unless instructed in writing.