Magnificent Views and a Prized Location
Auction Location: On Location 78 Wolfe Street, The Hill NSW 2300.
A beautiful renovation of this Victorian era three-bedroom terrace house delivers magnificent views and offers a separate fully fitted business premises. Relax and watch the sunsets from the balcony designed for all year round entertaining, offering views stretching across the city to the mountains.
Built in the late 1800s the home retains its heritage charm with warm timber interiors and stained-glass highlights, while offering all modern conveniences and spacious living. Two bedrooms downstairs are complemented by a living area boasting a grand double door entry to the covered patio. The second storey has been designed for everyday living and entertaining with the kitchen and dining opening to an expansive back deck offering spectacular views and a comfortable alfresco space at any time of the day or night. To the front, an impressive outlook to Christ Church Cathedral can be enjoyed from the private balcony accessed via French doors in the master bedroom. Outside, a separate business premises is fully air conditioned and includes a kitchenette for convenience.
In one of Newcastle’s prized locations you are only minutes’ walk from King Edward Park, local shopping and numerous popular cafes and restaurants. A short stroll in the other direction will take you Darby Street, famous for its street side cafes and boutiques. With Newcastle Grammar and Newcastle East Public Schools only a block away, you’ll find The Hill a welcoming self-contained neighbourhood. On weekends there is always something to entertain the whole family with easy access to coastal walks, the harbour foreshore and stunning beaches. This is a unique opportunity to own a charming, versatile terrace house in a prime location.
– Second storey master bedroom hosts walk-in wardrobe plus a wall of built-in wardrobes, ceiling fan and features French doors opening to a fully covered balcony with ornate balustrade
– First floor second and third bedrooms are carpeted with built-in wardrobes
– L-shaped kitchen with gas stovetop, stainless steel appliances, generous cupboard storage, moveable island bench and bi-fold windows for servery to the balcony
– Spacious upstairs living is air conditioned, featuring spotted gum hardwood floors
– Generous back balcony fitted with ceiling fan and LED downlights, high and low gas bayonets for outdoor heating and BBQ, louvres and blinds for privacy
– Business premises separate to the home, currently used as a hair salon, is air conditioned with kitchenette; approved for conversion to a double garage with shared driveway access
– Main bathroom with separate corner bath upstairs, second bathroom and laundry downstairs
– Covered rear patio with double door entry and low maintenance landscaping
– Less than 300m to Newcastle Grammar and Newcastle East Public Schools
– 400m to Woolworths Metro, short walk to Darby Street, Newcastle Harbour and Newcastle Beach
Council Rates: $2,761.15 approx. per annum
Water Rates: 728.28 approx. per annum
This property is being sold under the Onsite Friendly Auction System.
An independent pest & building report is available on request at no charge to you. This is the type of report your solicitor would usually recommend purchasing before bidding at an auction or before making an unconditional offer prior to auction and are conducted by a panel of reputable companies. The companies have consented to friendly auction terms and will generally be happy to speak to you about your queries in reports and in most cases transfer the reports into your name if you are the successful buyer at auction or prior to auction: see each report for details.
Flexible deposit and settlement conditions are also available by negotiation with the agent if required.
Offers can also be made prior to auction and each offer will be assessed on its merits.
Bid and buy with confidence in this consumer driven, transparent auction system that was pioneered here in Newcastle but is now in use across Australia. We also have a downloadable guide available on our website.
**Health & Safety Measures are in Place for Open Homes & All Private Inspections
**All inspection attendees will have to answer a health and safety survey to qualify for the inspection of the property
All information contained herein is gathered from sources we deem reliable. However, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and act as a messenger only in passing on the details. Interested parties should rely on their own enquiries. Some of our properties are marketed from time to time without price guide at the vendors request. This website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes. Any personal information given to us during the course of the campaign will be kept on our database for follow up and to market other services and opportunities unless instructed in writing.