Mid-Century Charm, Superb Modern Amenity Close to Hospitals and University
Superbly combining its 1950’s character with quality modern updates, this classic brick and tile residence is conveniently positioned between the University of Newcastle Callaghan campus and the city’s two major hospitals. In the same family for over 60 years, it presents as a treasured home with mid-century interior details catching the eye and smartly updated kitchen and bathrooms providing excellent modern amenity.
The layout capitalises on the softly elevated site and the magical mountain and sunset views best enjoyed from the deep front verandah. The centrally placed kitchen is the ideal family gathering space bordered by the dining area and separate lounge room where ornate cornices, timber floors and a centrepiece brick fireplace are immediately engaging. Four bedrooms are served by two stylishly renovated bathrooms offering ease of family living. Sliding doors at the rear open up wide to create an easy connection between inside and out, spilling you onto a paved alfresco entertaining area and an enchanting garden with a lush level lawn and a range of fruit trees promising a good yield. Under the home, a single garage is further enhanced by electric gate entry into additional off-street parking for up to three vehicles.
An ideal home for growing families or medical and teaching staff from the university, Calvary Mater and John Hunter hospitals, it’s placed just 200metres from primary and high schools, a five minute drive from everyday essentials at Stockland Jesmond and just nine kilometres from Newcastle CBD and beaches.
– Beautifully renovated family home sits atop its single garage on 569sqm parcel
– Air-conditioned master bedroom with ceiling fans to all rooms
– All four bedrooms are appointed with built-in robes
– Separate lounge and dining spaces with gas fire to living room
– Full size family bathroom with rainmaker shower over bath and floor to ceiling tiling
– Laundry with contemporary new second bathroom
– Modern kitchen with gas cooktop and dishwasher
– Excellent outdoor flow to alfresco areas front and rear
– Stroll to the university, Heaton Public School and Jesmond Senior Campus
– Bus at door convenience between Jesmond and Newcastle city centre
All information contained herein is gathered from sources we deem reliable. However, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and act as a messenger only in passing on the details. Interested parties should rely on their own enquiries. Some of our properties are marketed from time to time without price guide at the vendors request. This website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes. Any personal information given to us during the course of the campaign will be kept on our database for follow up and to market other services and opportunities unless instructed in writing.