This property is not currently for sale or rent on prdnewcastle.com.au
Circa 1911 Classic with separate apartment
Positioned for lifestyle in an unrivalled setting amidst the beauty and history of Newcastle East and part of a handsome terrace row constructed c.1911, ‘Ismebury’ is a rare offering displaying all the grace and grandeur of a bygone era. Extended and renovated, coupling classic period detailing with contemporary upgrades, the residence showcases multiple living spaces, stylish kitchen and bathrooms and flexible self-contained basement accommodation.
Divine traditional detail including high decorative ceilings, Huon pine floorboards, four working fireplaces and a carved cedar staircase present a rich palette for formal lounge and dining spaces before opening up at the rear to the open plan family living zone where a wall of bi-fold windows attracts beautiful natural light and cross ventilation and the kitchen features marble counter-tops, a butler’s sink and gas cooking. A laundry and powder room is also on this level while upstairs, two contemporary bathrooms serve two bedrooms, both
blessed with the gift of space and generous built-in cabinetry. The original servants’ quarters is now self-contained two bedroom accommodation, with an internal staircase providing the ability to recreate back to one three-storey four bedroom/three bathroom home.
The location of this home is undeniably superb where an early morning swim or surf at Newcastle or Nobbys beach, a relaxed foreshore walk or breakfast, lunch or dinner at a popular eatery are all simply effortless.
– Tri-storey terrace on north facing 115sqm parcel with rear lane pedestrian access
– Self-contained lower level featuring lounge room, dining nook with bi-fold windows, laundry, bathroom and two bedrooms is a perfect retreat for a home business, additional living or rental income (approx. 450pw)
– Formal lounge room with custom cabinetry adjoins formal dining
– Contemporary kitchen with marble benchtops, gas cooker, dishwasher and pantry
– Skylit bathroom with subway tiles and large shower plus full family bathroom with spa bath in marble surrounds
– Master bedroom accesses via French doors versatile sunroom
– Generous built-in cabinetry to bedrooms and master bathroom
*Pre-Registered Private Inspections Available
*Health & Safety Measures are in Place at All Private Inspections
*Pre-registered inspection attendees will have to answer health and safety survey to qualify to have a physical inspection at the property
All information contained herein is gathered from sources we deem reliable. However, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and act as a messenger only in passing on the details. Interested parties should rely on their own enquiries. Some of our properties are marketed from time to time without price guide at the vendors request. This website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes. Any personal information given to us during the course of the campaign will be kept on our database for follow up and to market other services and opportunities unless instructed in writing.