Contemporary Family Haven Behind a Classic Cottage Facade
Auction Location: The Arc, 45 Watt Street Newcastle.
Architecturally reimagined behind its classic cottage façade, this weatherboard home, originally built in 1903, is a real surprise package. Merging high end finishes with innovative design; soaring raked ceilings and cathedral windows provide an exceptional sense of light and space capturing far-reaching district views, while seamless indoor/outdoor flow delivers the ultimate in relaxed and contemporary family living.
Designed and built as a ‘forever home’ and incorporating exceptional finishes throughout, this superbly appointed 3-bedroom + study property is highlighted by a mix of spotted gum floors and plush carpet underfoot, plantation shutters on the windows and air-conditioning and beautiful cross ventilation providing climate control.
Along with an open plan design, a mezzanine provides a versatile extra living space upstairs while two sets of bi-fold doors with retractable fly screens can be completely opened up to offer an easy connection to the all-weather deck, ideal for entertaining. With a striking blue and white palette, the island kitchen features an integrated dishwasher, induction cooking, walk-in pantry and farmer’s sink. A luxurious sanctuary, the statement bathroom includes a stone bathtub, integrated shaving cabinet and a pastel pink hued sink.
In a quiet tree-lined street with plenty of available parking, it’s an easy 10-minute stroll to the town centre, there’s buses on Maitland Road and a choice of schools in easy reach.
– Fully renovated and extended family home on north facing 304sqm block
– Master bedroom opens via French doors to its own deck and fragrant gardens
– Open plan living with original brick fireplace paying homage to the home’s 1903 origins
– Custom island kitchen by Boz Designz
– Bathroom with shower over stone bath, living brass tapware and separate w/c
– Superb indoor/outdoor flow to all-weather deck and fenced backyard
– Stroll to Saint Clemente, Hunter Christian school and Mayfield West Public
– 800m from Woolworths, Aldi and a choice of specialty stores and cafes
– Less than 5km to Newcastle CBD, harbour and Honeysuckle
All information contained herein is gathered from sources we deem reliable. However, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and act as a messenger only in passing on the details. Interested parties should rely on their own enquiries. Some of our properties are marketed from time to time without price guide at the vendors request. This website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes. Any personal information given to us during the course of the campaign will be kept on our database for follow up and to market other services and opportunities unless instructed in writing.