'Glenroy' - circa 1924
Auction Location: Watt Street Commercial Centre.
Built in a time when space and quality were hallmarks of construction, ‘Glenroy’, a magnificent c.1924 brick beauty, flaunts the magic of its Federation heritage combined with a thoroughly modern extension and sympathetic renovation. Pristine character rich elements of ornate 11ft ceilings, exquisite timber detailing, elegant leadlight doors and windows and fireplaces lace the original floorplan. Updated with, ducted air, stunning bathrooms and a striking kitchen, the flawless finishes leave a lasting impression as points of difference in this standout home.
Four large bedrooms and two bathrooms form the private retreats of the home. The rest is dedicated to engaging open plan living and dining spaces with a four metre island kitchen and butler’s pantry wrapped in Quantum quartz creating a dramatic focal point. From here stacker doors unveil an all-weather deck and lush level lawns dedicated to relaxed indoor/outdoor living and alfresco entertaining.
Homebuyers will immediately recognise the lifestyle rewards that accompany this warm and inviting residence along with its attractive street presence and premier address. On a 682.9sqm block, its convenient position moments from a choice of sought-after schools, shopping, eateries and surf beaches is a major lifestyle asset.
– The original coloured leadlight front door, decorated with roses and a heart , bears the name Glenroy, a nod to the Scottish heritage of the home’s original owner
– Original architraves, coloured leadlight and decorative plaster remains intact
– Waratah air vents, picture and plate rails, wide skirting boards and five-panelled Federation doors are featured throughout
– Kitchen with shaker cabinetry, heritage tapware, gas cooker, dishwasher, butler’s pantry, Belfast sink and study nook
– Striking new family bathroom with freestanding black bath, and floor to ceiling subway tiles
– Laundry with second shower and w/c in on-trend black and white scheme
– Spotted gum all-weather deck steps down to level lawns
– Freestanding single garage with adjoining studio space and w.c
– Electric gate entry into driveway; lawn-locker
– One kilometre stroll to The Junction and Hamilton South Public School
All information contained herein is gathered from sources we deem reliable. However, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and act as a messenger only in passing on the details. Interested parties should rely on their own enquiries. Some of our properties are marketed from time to time without price guide at the vendors request. This website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes. Any personal information given to us during the course of the campaign will be kept on our database for follow up and to market other services and opportunities unless instructed in writing.