‘Buninyong’ c.1917 – A Captivating and Unique Family Home
In a quiet enclave surrounded by everything that makes Hamilton such a great place to live, this c.1917 Arts and Crafts Federation beauty known as ‘Buninyong’ takes you back to a time where rooms were grand and homes were exquisitely crafted.
Truly captivating with 12ft ornate ceilings, original hoop pine floors and elegant leadlight detailing, the home has been faithfully restored whilst enhanced with contemporary kitchen and bathrooms and extension into the roof space to create loft style bedroom accommodation.
Commanding your attention from the outset with its original shingles, ornate fretwork and sun-splashed return verandah, the undisputed hero of this home is its magnificent formal lounge and dining room. At 5.2m x 8.8m it is thought to have once been used as a billiard hall and local gathering spot in the early 1900s. Today, it is ideal for grand scale entertaining or simply relaxing with the family.
Extended out in the ’90s to create extra living space, the rear of the home features an open plan eat-in kitchen and sitting room with a granite island as its eye-catching centrepiece and French doors opening to a second verandah and landscaped gardens.
Two principal bedrooms, or bedroom plus office, on the ground level, are served by a smartly updated bathroom, combining to make private parents’ quarters. Achieving sanctuary status upstairs, up to four loft bedrooms and a second bathroom are ideal for young children, teenagers or visiting guests.
In a fabulous location, just 100m from Beaumont Street’s vibrant coffee and dining scene, a short walk from Newcastle racecourse and strolling distance to schools, this exciting real estate prospect comes with everything Hamilton has to offer on the doorstep.
– Double brick home on north facing 529sqm parcel
– Significant updates by the current owners include a new roof, insulation, plumbing, wiring, landscaping, paving, kitchen, two new bathrooms and ducted a/c
– Formal lounge and dining with fireplace and stunning ornate ceiling opens to return verandah
– Island kitchen with Infinity granite benchtops, Ilve gas cooktop, two ovens and an integrated Ilve dishwasher
– Updated bathroom with granite-topped vanity and frameless shower
– Updated full size laundry with handy extra w/c
– Two of the bedrooms upstairs are appointed with split system a/c
– Two car parking on paved driveway
– An abundance of storage throughout the home
Council Rates: $2,408 approx per annum
Water Rates: $1,583 approx per annum
All information contained herein is gathered from sources we deem reliable. However, we cannot guarantee its accuracy and act as a messenger only in passing on the details. Interested parties should rely on their own enquiries. Some of our properties are marketed from time to time without price guide at the vendors request. This website may have filtered the property into a price bracket for website functionality purposes. Any personal information given to us during the course of the campaign will be kept on our database for follow up and to market other services and opportunities unless instructed in writing.